We had 5 people and we were able to finish everything we made.
The appetizer we made was strawberry bruschetta with goat cheese.
-balsamic vinegar (2 tablespoon)
-brown sugar (1/2 teaspoon)
1. Cut up the baguette and add olive oil to each piece of bread.
2. Toast the french bread for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Dice up the strawberries and the chop up the basil first.
4. Combine strawberries, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and chopped basil in a bowl (basil is really strong, so you don't need a lot to taste it)
5. Spread the goat cheese on the baguette and add the bruschetta on top. And you're done! :)
The entree we made was baked penne pasta with chicken & spinach.
-1 and 1/2 lb of pasta
-sauteed chicken with salt and pepper
-1 lb of mozzarella cheese
-6 handfuls of spinach
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water.
2. Drain the water and add spinach to the pasta to have it welt down.
3. Chop up the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add garlic into the pan and sautee the chicken until it's done.
5. Next, add the chicken into the pasta.
6. Dump everything into a baking tray and add the mozzarella cheese on top.
7. Bake for 25 minutes for 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
The pasta itself doesn't have any sauce added. But the flavor from the cheese and the seasoning made it light and delicious! This is an alternative pasta dish you can make if you don't want to eat heavy pasta.